If you are on a quest to study for a university degree, then you have an admirable opportunity to apply for the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Programme, 2020 at the University of Edinburgh.
The University offers fully funded position and transformation leadership training to nurture and support talented young African students who demonstrate a deep personal commitment to transforming the world around them.
Edinburgh University is one of the oldest universities in Scotland and ranks the second when it comes to popularity. The university is made up of three major colleges, which together house 21 schools. It has the 14th highest average student intake among British universities.
Why the University of Edinburgh?
The University provides candidates with the skills and knowledge to plan their future career and the successful transition from student to professional life. Students can get advice on how to enter specific sectors and professions.
What to gain:
In partnership with the Mastercard Foundation, the University of Edinburgh provides 200 full financial support for postgraduates and undergraduate students.
- Course level: Postgraduate and Undergraduate
- Application deadline: Applications for admission to the University’s 2020 programme will open in October 2019 and close on 29 November 2019.
- University or organisation: University of Edinburgh
- Department: NA
- Awards: Full registration
- How to Access: Online
- Number of awards: Varies
- Nationality: Sub-Saharan African citizen
- The awards can be accepted in the United Kingdom.
Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Eligibility
- Qualifying countries: Applications from Malawi, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania and Zimbabwe are particularly welcome.
- Acceptable courses or subjects: Funding will be provided for all graduate and undergraduate courses offered by the university.
- Acceptable criteria: The following requirements must be met:
- Applicants must be residents and citizens of a sub-Saharan African country whose personal circumstances make it difficult to accept an offer from the University of Edinburgh.
- Applicants must be academically qualified to be admitted to the University of Edinburgh.
- Applicants must have a proven record of leadership and service to their community; and
- Applicants may be from economically disadvantaged circumstances and demonstrate a lack of financial resources from family or other sources to pursue post-secondary (university) studies in their home country or elsewhere.
- To be eligible for this programme, applicants must submit an application for admission to this university. Once admitted, applicants must apply to the Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Programme at the University of Edinburgh, or use the mastercard foundation scholarship portal. NOTE to read to the end of this article to get the full details
- University admission requirements: When you are ready to prepare your application, you should go to the admission requirements page.
- Supporting documents: For admission, applicants are required to meet the general admission requirements of the university.
- Language requirements: All applicants are required to provide evidence of their English language skills, regardless of nationality or country of residence. The application process is simple and can be done online.