Good news! TechGirls Program by US Government is currently open. From the year 2012, the program trained and mentored 238 teenage girls (ages 15-17) from Algeria, Egypt, Lebanon, Jordan, Morocco, Palestinian Territories, and Tunisia. In 2019, the program stretched to Central Asia – Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan.
See other Scholarships Opportunities
- Postgraduate International Silver Award In UK, 2020
- Women in Leadership Scholarship at the University of Surrey, UK
- 2020-2021 Dean’s International Scholarship at York University, Canada
- Study in Canada – Bonnie DuPont Chancellor’s Scholarship at University of Calgary, Canada
- Entrance scholarships for future undergraduates at McGill University, Canada
- Emory University Scholar Programs in USA 2020/2021 [Funded]
- Full Tuition Scholarships at Fordham University, USA 2020
- Stanford University Scholarships in USA 2021
- Provost’s Assistant ship And Dean’s Grants, USA
- Panther Fund Merit Scholarship at Florida Institute of Technology, USA
Application Deadline: 15th January 2021 09:00PM EST
Qualified Countries in Africa: Algeria, Lebanon, Egypt, Jordan, Morocco, Palestinian Territories, and Tunisia;
To be taken at (country): USA
TechGirls Program by US Government: Since 2012, TechGirls mentored 186 teenage female teenagers (ages 15-17). The principal reason of the program is a three-week experience in the United States. They partake in a collaborative technology and computer camp (with US Girls), join a tech company for a day of job shadowing, and taking part in community service initiatives. There is a multiplier effect – encouraging others in their native community to pursue Stem. Independent selection committees comprised of industry leaders and regional experts review applications. United States Embassy personnel in your nation of permanent residence interview semifinalists.
Eligibility for TechGirls Program by US Government
Students eligible to apply for TechGirls Program by US Government are those who:
- Are from one of the following qualified nations:
- United States
- Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestinian Territories, and Tunisia;
- Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan
- Are within the ages of 15 and 17 at the beginning of the exchange;
- Have shown advanced skills and a serious interest in technology, engineering, and/or math in their academic programs;
- Aim to go for higher education and/or careers in technology;
- Have good English language skills;
- Display maturity, flexibility, and open-mindedness;
- Will be present at, at least one added semester of secondary school upon their return to their country of residence; and
- Are dedicated to completing a community-based project when get back return home.
- Preference will be given to those who have limited or no previous experience in the United States. An individual is not qualified she has journeyed to the United States in the last three years as part of any other ECA exchange program.
Be informed that family members of U.S. Embassy or Consulate staff or U.S. Department of State employees are not qualified to apply. The program emboldens individuals with varied backgrounds and skills to apply, including individuals living with disabilities.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Benefits of TechGirls Program by US Government
The TechGirls Program by US Government covers the following expenses:
- Round-trip international airfare from partaker home country to the United States
- Housing during program
- Double occupancy hotel or dormitory accommodations
- Meals during program
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
How to Apply for TechGirls Program by US Government
- GOODLUCK as you apply for TechGirls Program by US Government!
Legacy International is working strictly with the U.S. Department of State, local and global health professionals to plan a program that stands by to the best public health practices. If the global pandemic state become better and travel restrictions ease, we anticipate carry out the program in person in summer 2021. We stay open to providing a high quality virtual exchange if needed. As required by the Mutual Educational and Cultural Exchange Act of 1961, the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) works to form friendly, peaceful dealings among the people of the United States and the people of other nations.
The 2021 application opens on 15th of November, 2020 and close at 12:00PM EST on 15th of January, 2021. Semifinalists will be communicated through email on/around 1st of March for the next phase of interviews. Final results will be made in early April. All candidates will be informed of the results of their application.
Visit Programme Webpage for Details on TechGirls Program by US Government.
See other Opportunities to Live, Work and Study Abroad:
- Canada – Your new home!
- FREE CANADA IMMIGRATION ASSESSMENT
- Canada Targets Over One Million Immigrants By 2021
- Different Australian Visa Types
- Australia’s New Temporary Sponsored Visa For Parents
- These Reasons Could Deny You Entry Into Canada!
- America DV Visa Lottery- Is It For Real?
- Requirements For getting Canada Visa
- Applying For Student VISA in Australia
- IMMIGRATION How to Apply for U.S.A Visa – [Step By Step Guide]