University of King’s College Bachelor and Masters of Journalism Scholarship: Applications are hereby invited as the University of King’s College offers scholarships for students in the one-year Bachelor and Masters of Journalism program.
Award decisions are made based on the strength of the application for admission to the program and the supporting scholarship application form.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of King’s College, Canada
Scholarships to be taken at: University of King’s College, Canada
Scholarships level: Bachelor & Masters
Scholarship Worth: Educational fund
Subject Eligibility: Journalism
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International students
University of King’s College Bachelor and Masters of Journalism | DETAILS
The University of King’s College offers scholarships for students in the Master of Journalism program. This was established by the University in honour of Professor Sylvia Hamilton’s retirement in 2020. The award is open to African Canadian students, with preference for African Nova Scotian students and to students in all programs, graduate and undergraduate, with preference for Journalism and MFA students. Students must meet academic entrance qualifications and have stated financial need.
See other Scholarships Opportunities
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
Candidates are expected to meet the following eligibility criteria for the University of King’s College Bachelor and Masters of Journalism (one-year).
- Applicants must be international students
- Applicants must be admitted into Bachelor and Masters degree program.
- The award is available for bachelor and masters courses in journalism offered at the University.
- Applicants must have a high school certificate or first degree (bachelor’s or equivalent) from a recognized university or institution of higher education, or provide documentation indicating that they will earn such a first degree before enrolment in University of King’s College master’s program.
- Students enrolled in a master’s program at University of King’s College, Canada must not be simultaneously enrolled in another higher education institution, unless they provide official documentation about having obtained a leave of absence from the other institution for the entire duration of their studies at University of King’s College, Canada.
- Other factors such as community service, leadership qualities, and levels of motivation will also be taken into consideration.
- Based on academic merit
- Applicants must have a High school certificate or equivalent
- Students enrolling full time in the Honours program in the semester for which the scholarship is awarded.
- Exceptional personal success skills (e.g., emotional maturity, motivation, perseverance, etc.).
How-to-Apply: Once you have submitted the appropriate admission application and supporting documentation as outlined in the Graduate and Advanced Admissions requirements, then you can proceed to indicate interest for the scholarship.
- Complete the application form in full
- When saving your changes to this PDF, rename this PDF using the following format: (Last Name, First Name)_Journalism Scholarship_Application. For example: Smith,Joe_Journalism_Scholarship_Application.
- Email your scholarship documents to email@example.com by the deadline noted above.
- February 15 for students applying to enter in September
- August 31 for students entering in January
See other Opportunities to Live, Work and Study Abroad:
- Canada – Your new home!
- FREE CANADA IMMIGRATION ASSESSMENT
- Canada Targets Over One Million Immigrants By 2021
- Different Australian Visa Types
- Australia’s New Temporary Sponsored Visa For Parents
- These Reasons Could Deny You Entry Into Canada!
- America DV Visa Lottery- Is It For Real?
- Requirements For getting Canada Visa
- Applying For Student VISA in Australia
- IMMIGRATION How to Apply for U.S.A Visa – [Step By Step Guide]