DAAD/Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarships in Germany: Applications are hereby being welcomed for the Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarships in Germany. The scholarships are open to students from Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe and Latin America who wish to pursue their Bachelor or Masters Degree program in Germany. A cash assistance of varying amounts will be awarded to successful applicants to support them in their studies.
Each year up to 40 students are awarded FES sponsorships. They are paid a monthly amount of EUR 750 in Bachelor’s, Diploma, Magister, state examination programmes or EUR 850 or, respectively, when doing a Master’s course. Furthermore, costs for health insurance are funded and scholars with a child receive a family allowance of EUR 276. Students in any subject area are eligible to apply, if they demonstrate excellent school or academic merit, wish to study in Germany.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): DAAD/Friedrich Ebert Foundation.
Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships
Scholarship level: Undergraduates and Postgraduate
Slots: Up to 40 scholarships per year
Scholarship Worth: Funding up to EUR 750 or 850/month plus Other allowances.
Subject Eligibility: All taught Bachelor degree and Masters degree courses
Country/Candidate Eligibility: Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe and Latin America
See Other Scholarships Opportunities
Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarships 2021 | Details
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- The scholarship is open to applicants from Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Eastern Europe.
- The academic excellence of the candidates is taken into consideration.
- Candidates should wish to study in Germany and should be committed to the values of social democracy.
- Highly-performing students are preferred, which also includes a comprehensive seminar program to aids the applicants to enhance his/her social competencies and academic skills.
- The number of awards available is 40.
Scholarship Value and Benefits
- International students receive a monthly base amount of EUR 750 in a Bachelor’s, Diplom, Magister or state examination programme or EUR 850 in a Master’s course.
- In addition, costs for health insurance are funded and scholars with a child receive a family allowance of EUR 276. The scholarship does not have to be repaid.
How-to-Apply: Interested candidates should simply follow the link provided to apply for the scholarship online. Hint: On the application page;
- You will be asked to select your status and your country of origin to enable you to submit an application
- If your status and/or country of origin is not included in the list, you cannot apply for this scholarship programme.
- To ensure that only scholarship programmes for which you are eligible to apply are shown, please select your status and your country of origin in the results list (left-hand column).
Application Deadline: Timeline varies, check here for details of specific timelines