Simmons University is taking applications from suitably qualified candidates for the Kotzen Scholarship for foreign students in the 2021/22 academic session.
The Gilbert and Marcia Kotzen Scholarship Program is a competitive merit scholarship award that identifies the best and most brilliant scholars interested in a life-changing education at Simmons University. This award is the most high-status award offered at Simmons and recognises excellence via a focus on study overseas, academic research, and intellectual inquisitiveness.
Situated in the center of Boston, Simmons University is a privately-owned university, home to a renowned women’s undergraduate program, and also coeducational graduate programs in liberal arts, nursing and health sciences, communications, business, public health, social work, and library and information science. The Simmons history is one of growth, novelty, and a solid foundation — powered by on-the-ground and online enlistment, and endowments in its campus and technology.
Simmons University is the place to pursue your interests with demanding classes, thoughtful dialogues, practical experiences, and impactful people. At Simmons University, their syllabus is completely customizable and cross-disciplinary, affording you the chance to explore new subjects in avenues you never considered before.
Worth of Kotzen Scholarship at Simmons University
The Kotzen Scholarship offers;
- Full tuition,
- Room & board,
- An extra $3,000 for academic pursuits like study overseas, research support, and more.
- This scholarship award is granted for the length of a four-year period of full-time undergraduate program and replaces any formerly granted merit scholarship.
- Eligibility for Kotzen Scholarship at Simmons University
- Candidates putting in for the Kotzen Scholarship are required to meet the following conditions:
- SEE OTHER SCHOLARSHIPS OPPORTUNITIES
- International Envoy Scholarships at Alvernia University, USA 2021
- Boston University Scholarships for Local and International Students 2021
- Victoria Graduate Scholarship in New Zealand 2021
- MBA Scholarships in Germany 2021
- University of Copenhagen Fully Funded PhD Scholarships – Denmark
- Apply as a new student for the fall semester
- A test score of 28 or more (ACT), 1300 or more (new SAT) or 1250 or more (old SAT – CR+M). At least 600 in each SAT section very much recommended.
- Non-native English language speakers have to submit TOEFL and SAT or ACT scores
- GPA of 3.3 or more, unweighted
- College foundation curriculum comprising an advanced level math subject during, or before, your senior year of high school
- Proof of taking honours, advanced placement (AP) and international baccalaureate (IB) programs, as obtainable in their high school systems
- Candidates who meet the conditions specified above are often also interested in the Honors Program at Simmons.
How to Apply for Kotzen Scholarship at Simmons University
- The application is comprised of a short response and a formal essay in response to the prompts given below.
- Candidates must submit their essays in PDF or Word Doc through the online form, or send it through email directly with the subject line “Kotzen Application,” by the closing date.
- Each page of the document must have the candidate’s full name and date of birth.
- Please note: it is the candidate’s responsibility to hand in a working file in the proper format (PDF or Word) as they will not convert or take incompatible file formats (i.e. Google Docs, Pages, etc.)
- Short Answer (of at most 250 words): How would you make use of your extra yearly award of $3,000 (for study overseas, summer internship tuition, short-term programs, and/or research support)?
- Formal Essay (of at most 500 words): Some people are of the opinion that leaders are born, not made, while others stick with the opposite view that leaders are “made.” Compose an essay in which you support and defend one of the views. Use a particular example of a leader, maybe from history or from your own individual experience, to back your argument.
Finalists selected for Kotzen Scholarship award consideration will be asked to take part in an interview in February.
Candidates have to finish and submit both their scholarship award application and their admission application to the school by December 1.
Finalists for scholarship award consideration will be informed in mid-January. Beneficiaries will be informed by March 1.