The Alliance of Digital Humanities Organisations (ADHO) is taking applications from qualified candidates for the Antonio Zampolli Prize for Information and Communications Technologies Innovators in Germany in 2022.
The Alliance of Digital Humanities Organizations (ADHO) is an oversight establishment. Its objectives are to advance and support digital research and teaching within arts and humanities disciplines. The objective is to bring together humanists involved in digital and computer-aided research, creation, teaching, dissemination, and beyond. This is in all areas focused on by its assorted membership.
ADHO backs enterprises for presentation, publication, collaboration, and training. It also acknowledges and supports distinction in these endeavours and functions as a community-focused consultative and advisory force.
The Antonio Zampolli Prize is a grant administered by the Alliance of Digital Humanities Organisations (ADHO). It is named in memory of the deceased Professor Antonio Zampolli (1937-2003), who was one of the establishment members of the Association for Literary and Linguistic Computing (ALLC) in 1973, and ALLC President 1983-2003. He was a main figure in the growth of literary and linguistic processing from the 1960s, and an animated supporter of the joint global conferences of ALLC and the Association for Computers and the Humanities (ACH), which were created in 1989. He was also an originator in the Text Encoding Initiative, both in the first 11-year project, and in the creation of the TEI Consortium.
Worth of Antonio Zampolli Prize
The beneficiary of the Antonio Zampolli Prize will get prize money of around 1000 GBP (one thousand GB pounds). On the other hand, it would be a round figure of about the same worth in the currency in which the prize is to be granted.
All travel, housing and subsistence expenses of the award beneficiary will be paid for by ADHO.
The beneficiary is required to give a public lecture, on a topic of his or her selection. This will be at the yearly international Digital Humanities workshop at which the prize is presented.
The beneficiary will be a guest of honour of the SCA and the Local Organisers at the workshop at which the award is presented and the lecture given.
Eligibility for Antonio Zampolli Prize
- Antonio Zampolli Prize is awarded to acknowledge a single remarkable output in the digital humanities. This can come from any student or students at any level in their career.
- output should comprise the ground-breaking use of information and communications technologies. It may come in the form of published research and/or the creation of research-related instruments or resources.
- prize will be awarded based on the output’s relevance as a contribution to the digital humanities. This takes into consideration the significance both of its use of information and communication technologies and of its actual or possible contribution to the improvement of humanities research.
How to Apply for Antonio Zampolli Prize
Please send nominations to the ADHO Awards Panel and mail electronic copies to awards [at] adho [dot] org.
The beneficiary will be selected by the ADHO Standing Panel on Awards. The SCA is in charge of establishing the processes for deciding on the Award, comprising processes for soliciting and obtaining nominations, evaluating the nominees’ work, choosing the beneficiary, and writing a citation explaining the accomplishment in recognition of which the award is granted. The agreed processes will be submitted in writing to the ADHO Steering Committee for official approval, and to the administrative committees of the ADHO Constituent Organisations for information. They will also be available on the ADHO website, and on the websites of the Constituent Organisations, if they wish.
Nominations will be taken until 23:59 UTC on 01 September 2021. A recipient will be publicized during the winter of 2021-2022 and the prize will be granted at the 2022 DH workshop.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Germany scholarships here
- EducationUSA Opportunity Funds Program 2021
- King’s College London School of Global Affairs Postgraduate Scholarships 2021/2022
- Albukhary Undergraduate Scholarship at University of Warwick in UK 2021
- INP Foundation’s International Excellence Scholarships in France, 2021
- UTS LATAM International Postgraduate Coursework Scholarships, Australia, 2021