Fulbright Egyptian Scholarship is a program established to finance Egyptian student who want to pursue master’s studies in USA. The Fulbright Egyptian Scholarship is a fully financed scholarship for the period of two years in USA universities. Fulbright Egyptian Scholarship funds travel costs, allowance, health benefits coverage, university tuition and other stipends.
The Bi-national Fulbright Commission in Egypt was founded in 1949. It is the oldest and largest Fulbright program in the Arab world. The program was formed through a protocol between the Egyptian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the U.S. State Department.
- Level of Study: Masters
- Institution(s): USA Universities
- Country: USA
- Field of Study: See list below
- Duration of Studies: Two years
- Deadline: June 5th, 2021
All fields are eligible for the funding (excluding clinical studies or direct contact with patients).
- Agricultural and Rural Development
- Communications / Journalism
- Economic Development
- Educational Administration, Planning and Policy
- Finance and Banking
- Higher Education Administration
- Human Resource Management
- Law and Human Rights
- Natural Resources, Environmental Policy and Climate Change
- Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
- Public Health Policy and Management
- Substance Abuse Education, Treatment and Prevention
- Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL)
- Technology Policy and Management
- Urban and Regional Planning
See Other Scholarships Opportunities
- Glasgow International Leadership Scholarships in UK 2021
- International Student Merit Awards at Young Harris College in USA 2021
- Student Emergency Fund at University of Adelaide in Australia 2021
- Guaranteed Entrance Scholarships at University of Toronto Mississauga in Canada 2021
- Full Fees Scholarships at BPP University in UK 2021
Benefits of Fulbright Egyptian Scholarship
Fulbright Egyptian Scholarship provides the beneficiaries with the benefits below:
- Travel stipend
- Stipend, Health benefits coverage
- University tuition and other stipends
Eligibility for Fulbright Egyptian Scholarship
To be eligible for Fulbright Egyptian Scholarship, applicants must satisfy all the requirements below:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: Egypt (Egyptian citizenship). Holders of U.S. green cards and/or passports are not qualified.
- Candidates must be living in Egypt all through the period of application, selection, placement and pre-departure procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree. At least “Good” for candidates in American studies, humanities, and social sciences. At least of “Very Good” for candidates in the sciences.
- Evidence of English Language proficiency. Candidates must provide score report for only one of the following tests.
- TOEFL ITP – minimum mandated score of 550
- TOEFL iBT – minimum mandated scores of 80
- Academic or General IELTS – minimum overall score of 6.5 (no mandatory score for every section)
- Duo lingo English Test – minimum mandatory score of 105
- English Proficiency Test from Egyptian Universities – minimum mandatory score of 550.
- Candidates have to successfully finish all the stages of the application, evaluation, and selection procedure and successfully finish all required procedures.
- The following individuals and their direct family members (i.e. spouses and offspring) are unqualified to apply during and for a period ending one year after the termination of such employment:
- Staffs of the U.S. Department of State.
- Local staffs of the U.S. missions overseas who work for the U.S. Department of State and/or the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID).
- Staffs at organizations implementing exchange programs for the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs at the Department of State.
- Board Members or staff of a Fulbright Commission or their families (up to fourth kin).
- U.S. nationals and green card holders and candidates are ineligible to apply.
- Applicants applying in the areas of medicine, veterinary medicine, nursing and dentistry should be aware that their master’s programs will not include clinical studies or direct contact with patients.
- Preference will be offered to candidates without previous significant experience in the U.S. and/or abroad.
- Applicants applying in medicine, veterinary medicine, nursing, psychological counseling and dentistry fields should be aware that their programs cannot include clinical studies.
How to Apply for Fulbright Egyptian Scholarship
To apply for Fulbright Egyptian Scholarship, applicants should follow the guidelines below:
- Applicants will need to generate an account on Fulbright website from here to be able to begin your online application.
- Within the online application, applicants will need to submit the following documents:
- Copies of certificates and transcripts for all post-secondary degrees in English
- Three Recommendation Letters
- English Proficiency Test
- Scanned copy of the original valid National ID
To inquire further about Fulbright Egyptian Scholarship, please visit Official Website.