The University of Sussex is presents the Margaret Sharp Masters Scholarship to students who aim to embark on taught full-time Master’s degree programs in the university’s Science Policy Research Unit (SPRU).
Are you a foreign student searching for scholarship grants to study in the United Kingdom? If yes, then the Margaret Sharp Master’s Scholarship at the University of Sussex is a great opportunity for you to achieve your goal.
Study Level: Master’s
Deadline: 21st June, 2021 (Annual)
Study in: UK
Course Begins: September 2021
Host Institution(s): SPRU – Science Policy Research Unit, University of Sussex
The Master’s degree programs that available for this scholarship are listed below:
Energy Policy MSc
• Project Management MSc
• Science and Technology Policy MSc
• Strategic Innovation Management MSc
• Sustainable Development MSc
Number of Scholarships: 1
Target group: Students from any country
University of Sussex – About
See Other Scholarships Opportunities Here
- University of British Columbia Award for International Students – Canada
- Spencer Education Fellowship at Columbia University in USA 2022
- Hayek Fund for Scholars at George Mason University in USA 2021
- Best Universities in Scotland Where You Can Study in 2021
- Cormac Costelloe Dell Financial Services Scholarship at UCD in Ireland 2021
- The University of Sussex is a public research institution of higher education located in Falmer, Sussex, England. It has the campus positioned in the South Downs National Park, which is a small distance away from Central Brighton. The academic institution got its Royal Charter in August 1961, the first of the plate glass university generation, and was a founding member of the 1994 Group of research-intensive universities. It has more than a third of its students registered in postgraduate programs, and about a third of its staff is drawn from outside the United Kingdom.
- University of Sussex has a diverse community of more than 17,000 students, and about one in three are foreign students, and more than 2,600 academics, representing over 100 different countries.
The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2018 positioned Sussex 147th in the world overall, 39th in the world for Social Sciences, and 49th worldwide for Business and Law studies. University of Sussex is principally recognized for its Humanities and Social Sciences departments, with its Development studies program being put at number 1 worldwide in the QS World University Ranking.
The academia counts 5 Nobel Prize winners, 15 Fellows of the Royal Society, 9 Fellows of the British Academy, 24 fellows of the Academy of Social Sciences, and a winner of the Crafoord Prize among its faculty. By the year 2011, several of its faculty members had also attained the Royal Society of Literature Prize, the Order of the British Empire, and the Bancroft Prize. Alumni comprise heads of states, diplomats, politicians, well-known scientists and activists.
Benefits of Margaret Sharp Masters Scholarship
Beneficiaries of Margaret Sharp Masters Scholarship will be offered a £10,000 tuition fee reduction.
Eligibility for Margaret Sharp Masters Scholarship
To be eligible for Margaret Sharp Masters Scholarship, applicants must satisfy the requirements below:
- You must have accepted an offer of a full time place on 1 of the aforementioned eligible Masters courses in SPRU.
- The courses are: Project Management; Energy and Climate Policy MSc; Science and Technology Policy; Strategic Innovation Management; Sustainable Development.
- You must show outstanding academic and leadership skills.
- You must have acquired significant bachelor’s degree from acknowledged institutions of higher learning.
How to Apply for Margaret Sharp Masters Scholarship
To apply for Margaret Sharp Masters Scholarship, applicants must follow the guidelines below:
- To be considered for the scholarship, you have to apply for the scholarship after accepting an offer of a place for the available course.
- Applicants also have to provide a statement of academic interests, which should include the information below:
- Clear and particular goals on what they intend to do after they conclude their Masters and
- Noteworthy work experience or extra-curricular activities connected to the selected Master’s program.
- It is important to check the official website (link found below) for comprehensive details on steps to apply for this scholarship.
To inquire further about Margaret Sharp Masters Scholarship, please visit the official website.