The University of Kent is taking applications for the Development Economics MSc Scholarship for exceptional scholars from Low-/Lower-Middle-Income nation at the School of Economics in the United Kingdom for the 2021/22 school year.
The Development Economics MSc Scholarship awards are obtainable for exceptional scholars from low-/lower-middle-income nations, who have gotten a scholarship award of at least 50% of the full tuition fee via another known funder. The School will cover the difference to the full tuition fee.
All scholarship awards take the form of a school disbursement towards tuition fees and will be remitted once the beneficiary is fully enrolled at the University of Kent.
You should take note that this scholarship award does not provide the full expense of studying at Kent, and that you will be required to have additional sources of funding in order to provide your accommodation, travel, and living costs.
About University of Kent
The University of Kent (in the past the University of Kent at Canterbury) is a semi-collegiate state-owned research academic institution located in Kent, United Kingdom. The University was given its Royal Charter on 4 January 1965 and the next year Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent, was officially appointed as the first Chancellor.
The university has its major campus north of Canterbury located within 300 acres (1.2 km2) of park land, accommodating more than 6,000 students, and also campuses in Medway and Tonbridge in Kent and European graduate facilities in Athens, Brussels, Rome and Paris. The University is global, with scholars from 158 various nationalities and 41% of its academic and research personnel being from outside the UK. It is an associate of the Santander Network of European universities inspiring social and economic growth.
The university now has its Faculties split into 18 Departments and Schools, extending from the School of English to the Department of Biosciences, and from the Department of Economics to the Kent Law School. Also noteworthy is the University’s Brussels School of International Studies, based in Brussels, Belgium. The school provides master’s degree programs in international relations theory and international conflict analysis, together with an LLM in international law. In 2005, a new department, the Kent School of Architecture, started teaching its first scholars. In 2008, Wye College came under Kent’s authority, in joint association with Imperial College London.
SEE OTHER SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
- Africa International PGR Scholarships at KCL in UK 2021/22
- University of Western Global Excellence Scholarship – Australia
- University Canada West Scholarships in Canada 2021
- Orange Knowledge Scholarship in The Netherlands 2021
- Margaret Sharp Masters Scholarship at University of Sussex in UK 2021
The University is one of the nation’s foremost academic institutions producing first-class research, rated globally excellent and pioneering the way in many areas of study.
They are a progressive research institution, devoted to the transformative power of education and research and to the growth and support of their scholars and staff.
Worth of Development Economics MSc Scholarship
The scholarship is worth up to 50% of the full tuition fee.
Eligibility for Development Economics MSc Scholarship at University of Kent
- Development Economics MSc Scholarship award will be granted to the best qualified scholars on a competitive basis.
- Students may be given consideration for more than one scholarship award, but they will not be granted more than one (Kent graduates may however be granted the Kent Alumni Tuition Fee Discount in addition, if they are qualified).
- This Development Economics MSc Scholarship award is not obtainable for the MSc Conversion Program.
- The award of this scholarship award is dependent upon scholars accepting a University of Kent School of Economics offer of admission to study.
How to Apply for Development Economics MSc Scholarship at University of Kent
To submit application for the Development Economics MSc Scholarship award, you need to do two things:
- Make sure that you have already handed in an application for a place of study on one of the programs through this link.
- Fill out a scholarship application form.
- For any questions about the scholarship awards, contact the Admissions Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Regrettably due to the quantity of applications, they are not able to provide feedback on rejected applications.
N.B: Scholarship award applications cannot be given consideration without an application to study.
The closing date for this scholarship award is Monday, June 21, 2021, 23:59 BST and award decisions will be made shortly after this date.