Do you wish to Study in China? … On this page is the full guide on the Work and Study Student Visa program In china. Meanwhile, we still have more other guide on how to study abroad like USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Germany and many more. Get the full details today;
X1 Visa – China Student Visa Application Guide
China Student Visa, also known as the X visa, is a non-immigrant visa for international students who are looking to study in China. The China Student Visa is of two types;
- X1 visa: For long-term study having duration greater than 180 days.
- X2 visa: For short-term study that is less than 180 days.
The validity of both the X1 and X2 visa is 90 days from the date of issue. The default duration of the X1 visa is usually set 000, and the actual duration determined after the applicant have entered China. While the stay duration of the X1 visa does not exceed 180 days.
To get the China Student Visa, it’s necessary for the applicant to find an organization that is well accredited for offering courses or internships to international students to obtain an admission notice or a JW201 or JW202 form.
China Student Visa
However, we feel that these are the necessary information you need as China is gradually re-opening her borders for international students.
- How to apply for China Student Visa
- Documents requirements for China Student Visa
- Processing time
- Information for X1 China student Visa holders
- Information for X2 China Student Visa holders
- Further notes
How To Apply For China Student Visa
After obtaining the JW201 or JW202 and an admission letter from the organization accredited for offering courses or internships to international students. The next step is to fill and follow the options outlined below to apply;
- You may submit the application to the consular office of the Chinese embassies, consulates, or China Visa Application Centers [CVASC] in person.
- Or you can entrust someone else [friends, or relatives], a travel agency or a visa agency to act on your behalf if you can’t come personally. Power of attorney is not required.
- Mailed application are refused by most Chinese embassies or consulates, but are acceptable in many CVASCs.
- Appointment is not required by most embassies and consulates. But if you are required to submit application to CVASC, you may need to make an online appointment via CVASC’s website.
Documents & Requirements For China Student Visa
To get all you need Today, Do read the below details and ask question if any way you ae confuse and also we have the contact page waiting for your request or suggestions.
- Submit your actual passport, issuance of visa will be in passport.
- Passport should be valid up to at least 12 months. Otherwise, it needs renewal.
- Passport should have at least 2 blank pages.
One Visa Application Form
- Fill the application form on your computer, then, print a hard copy and sign it. Hand written form will be not accepted.
- Fill any section that doesn’t apply with N/A.
- Change or correction is not acceptable on the printed form. Check for error and omission before you print the form.
- Print and submit only the single-sided pages of the application, not back to back.
- Use paper clip to hold the application not staple.
One recent passport-style photograph
- Color photo with full face, front view with a plain white background.
- Photo prints must be on regular quality paper.
- Photo must not be older than six months.
- Use paper clip to affix photo to the application form. Do not staple or glue.
JW201 or JW202 Form
- Original copy of the international student application form JW201 or JW202 and a quality photocopy with an official stamp on it.
- Send the original admission notice from the receiving Chinese university or school. The admission notice should have an official stamp on it.
Physical Examination Record
- You must have a complete physical examination record in English language and submit it with your form.
The regular processing time for China Student Visa is 4 working days. Otherwise, you can make use of the express and rush services which are available with extra charges if you want collect your visa earlier.
Express service: 2-3 working days processing; US$ 20 extra charge.
Rush service: 1 working day processing; US$ 30 extra charge.
Information For X1 China Student Visa Holders
The X1 student visa must register with the Public Safety Bureau [PSB] within 30 days of arrival in China in order to secure a valid resident permit as a replacement for the X1 visa. The validity of temporary residence permit is about 5 years. Documents required include passport, admission notice, JW201 or JW202 form, Foreigner Physical Examination Record, registration of accommodation, and a white background passport.
Students can travel in and out of the China mainland freely as long as the Temporary Residence Permit is still valid.
Once the study in China ends, the X1 visa holder should visit the nearby Exit and Entry Admission to terminate the Temporal Residence Permit. Then request for a 30-day tourist visa with zero entry to keep away from problems.
Information For X2 China Student Visa Holders
Students with X2 visa will stay in China within the time interval as indicated on the visa. It isn’t necessary for them to apply for Temporary Residence Permit. If there’s need to extend the X2 visa duration, please refer to the local Exit and Entry Admission to handle this issue 30 days before the expiration date.
- US students can now apply for the five-year X1 visa. Therefore, passports should have a remaining validity of at least one year if applying for the 5-year X1 visa.
- Working on the X type visa will not be permitted. They only allow part-time jobs and internship off campus. You should contact your university after settling in China to see if any arrangements could be made.
- The applicant can obtain the JW201 or JW202 form through the university or institution you wish to enroll at for your study. JW201 form is for international students under the Chinese government scholarship. While JW202 form is for self-sponsored international students.
Read More: Study in United states
Note: Just on the Application portal, you can follow up the registration on the go and make sure you follow th instruction in order to gain approval.