The purpose of this Climate and Cryosphere (CliC) fellowships and grants is to increase the engagement of early career researchers (ECR) in CliC activities and to promote the participation of scientists from regions currently underrepresented in CliC, i.e., South America, Asia and Africa.
The grant is offered by the mountain researcher initiative (MRI). The MRI looks forward to a world in which research to identify and understand drivers and processes of global change in mountains is promoted and linked across disciplines and mountain regions worldwide.
The MRI serves as a coordination network for research collaboration, bringing the global mountain research community together. Since its origins in the 1990s, and with the founding of the MRI Coordination Office in 2001, the MRI has striven to promote basic and applied research to understand how drivers and processes of global change present challenges and opportunities in mountain social-ecological systems
Eligibility criteria for the Climate and Cryosphere (CliC) Fellowships & Grants
- PhD candidates: Applicants should be currently enrolled in a PhD program
- ECR: those who have obtained a PhD within 7 years by the deadline January 21, 2022. The period exclude career breaks due to parental leave, health issues, etc.
- Applicants from underrepresented regions in CliC, e.g. South America, Asia, Africa
- For fellowships: the visiting facility must differ from the applicant´s country of origin and current country of residence
Proposed activities for fellowships may include:
- Research visits to laboratories, research groups, etc
- Research synthesis, fieldwork or analysis
Proposed activities for grants may include:
- Promotion of best practice protocols on research in cryosphere regions attentive to societal and community needs and expectations
- Educational activities/capacity exchange related to cryosphere research
- Activities to promote leadership and project management skills
- Research/activities to support participation in policy decision processes
- Science communication efforts aimed at policy making
- Dissemination and outreach activities, e.g., production of media pieces about CliC activities, research highlights, etc
Application Deadline: 31 May 2022 at 13:00 (1 pm) UTC.
For More Information: